Saturday 27 October 2012

nail art - food and drink part 3!!

Hi guys!!

Welcome to part 3 of the food and drink logo nail art!! I hope you've enjoyed the other 2 posts I've done. In the past 2 days i went out a purchased some new nail polish and effects so look out for the review coming soon!!

The design for this post is Oreo's!! I have to admit I'm a massive fan of these biscuits, but since i became allergic to chocolate i can't eat them so what's the next best thing?? stick it on a nail of course!! As with the other 2 designs i followed a tutorial youtube video so i can't take any credit for the design, just the outcome.

Again as with the skittles and the pepsi design i achieved this look through using bottles of nail polish and various nail art pens i purchased off eBay. Here is a picture.


The first step i took was painting the base coat. For this i used Models own prussion blue. Can i just say i absolutely LOVE the effect this gave me!!! It is a matt finish nail polish and i have to admit I'm a little bit obsessed with it. it's gorgeous.

Then i took Models own beths blue and painted a diagonal line about 3/4 of the way down the nail and painted in the bottom part of it. This is part of the ice cream sundae collection and a real baby blue colour. Because of the fab consistency i only had to do one coat of this.

I then took my always reliable new look white nail art pen and did the lettering. When doing this it has to be done over both colours. This writing is pretty thick but i found it easier to stick with the thinnest brush and just build up on it.

i then took my blue nail art pen from my eBay collection i purchased and painted around the writing in a sort of "bubble" shape. If you go over the white accidentally you can always go back over it afterwards.

Then you have to go around the blue with the white. Instead of using a nail paintbrush i used the nib of the nail art pen. This was simply because it would achieve a much thinner line. Once that was dry i went around the white outline with the blue again. ONLY ON THE BOTTOM THO.

The next stage was the milk splashes at the bottom. I improvised this to be honest. All i used was the white nail art pen and painted out a splash effect. You can do it however you like, just make sure it goes all the way across the bottom. 

The final stage is the cookies. If you've eaten the cookies you'll know that they are very very dark brown. None of my browns were dark enough, so i took my darkest brown, put a drop on some kitchen roll and mixed a drop of black in with it. This creates a perfect colour. I then simply did 2 oval shapes at the top and one at the bottom. Once that is dry simply paint a white line through the middle for the icing.

And there you have it a gorgeous oreo design. Given how many steps you have to take you'd think this would be incredibly difficult. I can honestly say this is without a doubt the easiest. It doesn't take very long at all, only about 10 minutes which i think is well worth it!!

As always thank you for checking out my blog, look out for part 4 of the food and drink logo nail art category coming soon!!

Rhiannydd
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment